This weekend Stu and I went to Rosemary Beach to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. It is hard to believe its been that long. Our Anniversary is actually on the 19th, but this weekend fit our schedules. Here are some things I observed.
1. We had a lot more energy 20 years ago.
- We spent our honeymoon running around Disney World. Up at 7 and went to bed at midnight.
- 20 years later, we spent the days sleeping in, walking "slowly" on the beach, taking naps, and eating great meals.
2. We had very different things to talk about.
- Where to live, careers, future kids, Our friends.
- Now, we talk about our kids, still talk about career and dreams, and where to eat.
3. We are still so comfortable together
- when I married Stu, I felt like we had been friends forever. He knew what made me happy, what made me sad. I could completely be myself. He was a great listener when it came to important things.
- its still the same. Even though I feel like I'm a little bit in that "crazy" stage in my 40's, he still is a great listener and sounding board. We are comfortable talking or in silence.
4. I love him and He loves me:)
- of course when we got married we believed we loved each other. I remember thinking back then that I couldn't imagine life without him.
- lets be honest, there have been days when I wanted to retract that statement and I'm sure on more than several occasions he would like to kick me out the door, but it's true. We really love each other, and the more years we've experienced together, the more I realize how much we love each other. Marriage is hard sometimes, but I can't imagine life without him.
Well there are other things I observed as well such as I'm 2 sizes larger than I was when I got married, he's got less hair on his head , and we both have more around the middle then we would like. But it's okay. I am so thankful that we not only love each other but we still LIKE each other too. Thank you honey for 20 great years and many more to come. Here's some pics of the weekend.
The two of us at one of our favorite places to eat called "caliza's
Our View in the morning
Our view at night
Lunch at my new favorite place "George's" . They also had this amazing Green tea with honey and ginger. I am so going to try to make it.
Anyway, we had a great time. It's good to be home and see our boys. Wish we could head on back down there as a family. it sure is one of my favorite places on earth.
Hope you have a great Monday.