This weekend Stu and I went to Rosemary Beach to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. It is hard to believe its been that long. Our Anniversary is actually on the 19th, but this weekend fit our schedules. Here are some things I observed.
1. We had a lot more energy 20 years ago.
- We spent our honeymoon running around Disney World. Up at 7 and went to bed at midnight.
- 20 years later, we spent the days sleeping in, walking "slowly" on the beach, taking naps, and eating great meals.
2. We had very different things to talk about.
- Where to live, careers, future kids, Our friends.
- Now, we talk about our kids, still talk about career and dreams, and where to eat.
3. We are still so comfortable together
- when I married Stu, I felt like we had been friends forever. He knew what made me happy, what made me sad. I could completely be myself. He was a great listener when it came to important things.
- its still the same. Even though I feel like I'm a little bit in that "crazy" stage in my 40's, he still is a great listener and sounding board. We are comfortable talking or in silence.
4. I love him and He loves me:)
- of course when we got married we believed we loved each other. I remember thinking back then that I couldn't imagine life without him.
- lets be honest, there have been days when I wanted to retract that statement and I'm sure on more than several occasions he would like to kick me out the door, but it's true. We really love each other, and the more years we've experienced together, the more I realize how much we love each other. Marriage is hard sometimes, but I can't imagine life without him.
Well there are other things I observed as well such as I'm 2 sizes larger than I was when I got married, he's got less hair on his head , and we both have more around the middle then we would like. But it's okay. I am so thankful that we not only love each other but we still LIKE each other too. Thank you honey for 20 great years and many more to come. Here's some pics of the weekend.
The two of us at one of our favorite places to eat called "caliza's
Our View in the morning
Our view at night
Lunch at my new favorite place "George's" . They also had this amazing Green tea with honey and ginger. I am so going to try to make it.
Anyway, we had a great time. It's good to be home and see our boys. Wish we could head on back down there as a family. it sure is one of my favorite places on earth.
Hope you have a great Monday.
When we do our Graceful Living radio show each week, we always talk about help hints to save money, or to make the most out of your day... so when my dear friend Rhonda forwarded this email to me the other day, I thought, these "helpful hints" are too good to not pass along to all our friends and fans. Hope you will enjoy them as much as I did... people are so creative. My favorite is #3. I can't wait to do this one. Enjoy your day!!!
I found this to be very informative.
Who wadda thunk!?
LOVE THIS ONE!!!
Happy Friday everyone!! What a beautiful week it has been here in Nashville. The days are still hot, but I can definitely smell fall in the air!
It won't be long before I replace the geraniums for mums and crank up the fire pit.
We are off this weekend, but we had a wonderful time in Charlotte at Girls of Grace just a few days ago. I am SO SO thankful that I get to take Caroline to "work" with me, and that she will have her fun memories of "the bus" when she gets older.
We left out on Friday night, and sweet Dara, one of our booking agents at 25 Entertainment, rode the bus with us. She is an INCREDIBLE baker, and BLESSED us with a homemade chocolate cake that was literally still warm. Thank you Dara!! We loved every bite. I told her no one, and I mean NO ONE, will ever appreciate her gifts more than POG!
We were beyond thrilled to have for KING & COUNTRY with us at Girls of Grace for the first time this weekend. They did a fabulous job, reminding the girls at the conference that they were so very valuable and like princesses to God. Their show was super fun and energetic, and I really hope we can get them back with us!
Here they are backstage after their show with our girls, right before they went out to greet about 700 more girls. Just a little older -and most likely a leetle teeny bit boy crazy. I'm thinking they sold a lot of t-shirts that day. ;0)
Caroline hung out backstage with me a little bit during the day and I managed to snap a few pics... I actually think Darby took these... good job Darbs!!
And here are the buddies.
Ruling the road, one weekend at a time!
Thanks for letting me share about our Girls of Grace weekend. I hope ya'll have a great one. We don't have any big plans this weekend, except I'm excited to try a new restaurant in Franklin that has been getting lots of write ups. It's a family style Italian one with several courses called Mangia. It's only open one night a week- they also say you shouldn't eat for one week prior because the food is so plentiful!
oops... I forgot to do that part.
Love you all,
I'll try to do a "review" next week and let you know how it is...
1000 Little Things I am thankful for today (not in any particular order):
1. I can't wait to see my friend Karen Fairchild (of Little Big Town) premier their brand new record 'Tornado' tonight!!!! Dana and I haven't had a date night in quite awhile and I am so excited! This record debuts their HUGE hit - "Pantoon". I am so happy for LBT. They have worked so hard for so long.
2. We found a baby sitter - sweet Mallory is back with the Darb's! YAY!!!
3. I already know what I am going to wear!! (ladies, you know that is a big deal, especially being 7months pregnant).
4. My house is clean!
5. I don't have to cook supper tonight! (Sorry Mallory - pizza tonight).
6. We are going to register today at Target and Toys R Us. This is so exciting! Grab a retail gun and shoot for prizes!!! (who doesn't love that?).
7. Darby is loving school!!!
8. Another gorgeous cool day here in Nashville!
9. My coffee was so good this morning!
10. Got to talk to my dear friend and mentor today - Debbie!!
11. Greatest friends in the world are having a baby shower for me!!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!
12. Our dog is officially potty trained ! HALLELUJAH!!!!
13. Looking forward to seeing my family in 2 1/2 weeks.
14. My friend texted me this picture yesterday and said, " nice article in Homelife mag."! I can't wait to grab a copy or 10.
15. And so much more... May you count your blessings today - one by one and give HIM thanks for all HE has done!!!
Love ya, leigh