This week's He Mail had some great advice. The question was: when is too soon to ask someone out who just got out of a relationship?
The girls made the point that if the girl has truly ended that relationship, it shouldn't be a problem, but to beware of possible rebounds. Other than that, the girls say it's fair game!
Take a listen, and tell us if you agree!
I LOVE the month of September!!! It means order again and an opportunity for us to REALLY enjoy evenings on the porch. POG has had some time off lately, so other than our Cappillino day to day, nothing much is really going on with me - AND I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!! Thank you Jesus!!
We did have our weekly visit to Chick Fil A - Family night on Tuesday. We meet up with our friends, the Clairmonts and enjoy each other's company and a delicious ice-cream cone. YUMMY!!! Darby and her friend Ashley got their faces painted... that never gets old! So cute!!!
POG does have some exciting things coming up -one is our GOG in Minny on Sept 22nd. If you can, grab a bunch of girls and come on out! WE would love to see ya and we know it will be worth the trip!
This weekend however, I get to head home to Belton to see my nephew Brody play for my High School alma mater - B-HP Bears!! Go BEARS!!! and GO BRODY! I can't wait...I also think Darby will be able to attend her VERY first Clemson Tiger game this weekend too. Her cousin Leila and my Sister will take her to experience the biggest splash of ORANGE she has ever seen. Go TIGERS!!!
Lot's of family time in the coming days and that is one of the reasons I love the month of September soooooooooo much!!!! Thank you LORD!!!
Hope you get to enjoy some quality time with your friends and family this month too.
This weekend Stu and I went to Rosemary Beach to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. It is hard to believe its been that long. Our Anniversary is actually on the 19th, but this weekend fit our schedules. Here are some things I observed.
1. We had a lot more energy 20 years ago.
- We spent our honeymoon running around Disney World. Up at 7 and went to bed at midnight.
- 20 years later, we spent the days sleeping in, walking "slowly" on the beach, taking naps, and eating great meals.
2. We had very different things to talk about.
- Where to live, careers, future kids, Our friends.
- Now, we talk about our kids, still talk about career and dreams, and where to eat.
3. We are still so comfortable together
- when I married Stu, I felt like we had been friends forever. He knew what made me happy, what made me sad. I could completely be myself. He was a great listener when it came to important things.
- its still the same. Even though I feel like I'm a little bit in that "crazy" stage in my 40's, he still is a great listener and sounding board. We are comfortable talking or in silence.
4. I love him and He loves me:)
- of course when we got married we believed we loved each other. I remember thinking back then that I couldn't imagine life without him.
- lets be honest, there have been days when I wanted to retract that statement and I'm sure on more than several occasions he would like to kick me out the door, but it's true. We really love each other, and the more years we've experienced together, the more I realize how much we love each other. Marriage is hard sometimes, but I can't imagine life without him.
Well there are other things I observed as well such as I'm 2 sizes larger than I was when I got married, he's got less hair on his head , and we both have more around the middle then we would like. But it's okay. I am so thankful that we not only love each other but we still LIKE each other too. Thank you honey for 20 great years and many more to come. Here's some pics of the weekend.
The two of us at one of our favorite places to eat called "caliza's
Our View in the morning
Our view at night
Lunch at my new favorite place "George's" . They also had this amazing Green tea with honey and ginger. I am so going to try to make it.
Anyway, we had a great time. It's good to be home and see our boys. Wish we could head on back down there as a family. it sure is one of my favorite places on earth.
Hope you have a great Monday.
When we do our Graceful Living radio show each week, we always talk about help hints to save money, or to make the most out of your day... so when my dear friend Rhonda forwarded this email to me the other day, I thought, these "helpful hints" are too good to not pass along to all our friends and fans. Hope you will enjoy them as much as I did... people are so creative. My favorite is #3. I can't wait to do this one. Enjoy your day!!!
I found this to be very informative.
Who wadda thunk!?
LOVE THIS ONE!!!