Happy Friday everyone!! What a beautiful week it has been here in Nashville. The days are still hot, but I can definitely smell fall in the air!
It won't be long before I replace the geraniums for mums and crank up the fire pit.
We are off this weekend, but we had a wonderful time in Charlotte at Girls of Grace just a few days ago. I am SO SO thankful that I get to take Caroline to "work" with me, and that she will have her fun memories of "the bus" when she gets older.
We left out on Friday night, and sweet Dara, one of our booking agents at 25 Entertainment, rode the bus with us. She is an INCREDIBLE baker, and BLESSED us with a homemade chocolate cake that was literally still warm. Thank you Dara!! We loved every bite. I told her no one, and I mean NO ONE, will ever appreciate her gifts more than POG!
We were beyond thrilled to have for KING & COUNTRY with us at Girls of Grace for the first time this weekend. They did a fabulous job, reminding the girls at the conference that they were so very valuable and like princesses to God. Their show was super fun and energetic, and I really hope we can get them back with us!
Here they are backstage after their show with our girls, right before they went out to greet about 700 more girls. Just a little older -and most likely a leetle teeny bit boy crazy. I'm thinking they sold a lot of t-shirts that day. ;0)
Caroline hung out backstage with me a little bit during the day and I managed to snap a few pics... I actually think Darby took these... good job Darbs!!
And here are the buddies.
Ruling the road, one weekend at a time!
Thanks for letting me share about our Girls of Grace weekend. I hope ya'll have a great one. We don't have any big plans this weekend, except I'm excited to try a new restaurant in Franklin that has been getting lots of write ups. It's a family style Italian one with several courses called Mangia. It's only open one night a week- they also say you shouldn't eat for one week prior because the food is so plentiful!
oops... I forgot to do that part.
Love you all,
I'll try to do a "review" next week and let you know how it is...
1000 Little Things I am thankful for today (not in any particular order):
1. I can't wait to see my friend Karen Fairchild (of Little Big Town) premier their brand new record 'Tornado' tonight!!!! Dana and I haven't had a date night in quite awhile and I am so excited! This record debuts their HUGE hit - "Pantoon". I am so happy for LBT. They have worked so hard for so long.
2. We found a baby sitter - sweet Mallory is back with the Darb's! YAY!!!
3. I already know what I am going to wear!! (ladies, you know that is a big deal, especially being 7months pregnant).
4. My house is clean!
5. I don't have to cook supper tonight! (Sorry Mallory - pizza tonight).
6. We are going to register today at Target and Toys R Us. This is so exciting! Grab a retail gun and shoot for prizes!!! (who doesn't love that?).
7. Darby is loving school!!!
8. Another gorgeous cool day here in Nashville!
9. My coffee was so good this morning!
10. Got to talk to my dear friend and mentor today - Debbie!!
11. Greatest friends in the world are having a baby shower for me!!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!
12. Our dog is officially potty trained ! HALLELUJAH!!!!
13. Looking forward to seeing my family in 2 1/2 weeks.
14. My friend texted me this picture yesterday and said, " nice article in Homelife mag."! I can't wait to grab a copy or 10.
15. And so much more... May you count your blessings today - one by one and give HIM thanks for all HE has done!!!
Love ya, leigh
Are you stuck in a rut? Well, listen up!
Leigh presents some helpful tips for breaking out of your rut, including saying yes to things, letting others pick things for you, and giving things away. Check out the clip of the girls discussing these, and maybe share some tips of your own!
Hope you have a had a great start to the week. It's been a good morning for me. Spence went to the doctor and learned that his arm is healing. We were very thankful. It's still going to take time, but for the mental part it's just good to hear that he's on his way to recovery:)
I'm glad that I serve a God who heals. This morning in Jesus Calling it again reminds us that He is the one who FORGIVES all my sins and HEALS my diseases. He heals hurt bodies, troubled minds, aching , hearts, messed- up lives , and difficult relationships. And even some of the things that he chooses not to heal, he uses those things to keep us close to him. "My Grace is enough for you".
We were blessed to wake up to a beautiful "Fallish" type weather. I even had to wear a sweatshirt for the first part of my walk this morning. This is our first full week of school, so I'm trying to get a new schedule going and in my head. It makes me kind of excited for something new though.
This weekend we had GOG in Charlotte. It was a really good conference. I got to hear "For King and Country" live for the first time. They were soooo great. Of course the girls loved them as well. There are so many great things about the day that I could never pinpoint my favorite. I'm telling you again. If you have a teenage girl, niece, or grand-daughter. Get them there. And for all of you moms out there, we get to spend some sweet time together as well.
Well, I'm off to get myself organized for the week:) At least attempt somewhat of a plan to get organized. Have a blessed week.
Well, it's time for my obligatory "Back to School" photos! Woo-hoo…
I didn't take as many this year, because, you know…..4th graders get embarrassed by things.
Like posing for pictures in their classroom on the first day of school.
How dare we ask!! :0)
Caroline is loving school. She has such a sweet teacher and group of kids to spend the year with. David and I were talking last night about how fortunate we have been all these years to have had such a carefree school experience. I'm sure I just jinxed myself by saying that- but I'm grateful none the less! Believe me-I've heard plenty of stories about the impending girl drama that is about to unfold...
Here we are outside of school Monday morning. The funny thing is- we both walked off the bus literally an hour and a half before this photo. I told Caroline she was such a rockstar.
Caroline's teacher this year is named Mrs. Clement. She LOVES her and tells me everyday how nice she is SO thankful for Godly teachers that love our kids.
The older I get, the younger all the teachers look to me. This happens.
I love how Caroline is sporting her Meredith Andrews bracelet from Girl of Grace on the first day!
We are off to Charlotte tonight for Girls of Grace!