1000 Little Things I am thankful for today (not in any particular order):
1. I can't wait to see my friend Karen Fairchild (of Little Big Town) premier their brand new record 'Tornado' tonight!!!! Dana and I haven't had a date night in quite awhile and I am so excited! This record debuts their HUGE hit - "Pantoon". I am so happy for LBT. They have worked so hard for so long.
2. We found a baby sitter - sweet Mallory is back with the Darb's! YAY!!!
3. I already know what I am going to wear!! (ladies, you know that is a big deal, especially being 7months pregnant).
4. My house is clean!
5. I don't have to cook supper tonight! (Sorry Mallory - pizza tonight).
6. We are going to register today at Target and Toys R Us. This is so exciting! Grab a retail gun and shoot for prizes!!! (who doesn't love that?).
7. Darby is loving school!!!
8. Another gorgeous cool day here in Nashville!
9. My coffee was so good this morning!
10. Got to talk to my dear friend and mentor today - Debbie!!
11. Greatest friends in the world are having a baby shower for me!!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!
12. Our dog is officially potty trained ! HALLELUJAH!!!!
13. Looking forward to seeing my family in 2 1/2 weeks.
14. My friend texted me this picture yesterday and said, " nice article in Homelife mag."! I can't wait to grab a copy or 10.
15. And so much more... May you count your blessings today - one by one and give HIM thanks for all HE has done!!!
Love ya, leigh
Are you stuck in a rut? Well, listen up!
Leigh presents some helpful tips for breaking out of your rut, including saying yes to things, letting others pick things for you, and giving things away. Check out the clip of the girls discussing these, and maybe share some tips of your own!
Hope you have a had a great start to the week. It's been a good morning for me. Spence went to the doctor and learned that his arm is healing. We were very thankful. It's still going to take time, but for the mental part it's just good to hear that he's on his way to recovery:)
I'm glad that I serve a God who heals. This morning in Jesus Calling it again reminds us that He is the one who FORGIVES all my sins and HEALS my diseases. He heals hurt bodies, troubled minds, aching , hearts, messed- up lives , and difficult relationships. And even some of the things that he chooses not to heal, he uses those things to keep us close to him. "My Grace is enough for you".
We were blessed to wake up to a beautiful "Fallish" type weather. I even had to wear a sweatshirt for the first part of my walk this morning. This is our first full week of school, so I'm trying to get a new schedule going and in my head. It makes me kind of excited for something new though.
This weekend we had GOG in Charlotte. It was a really good conference. I got to hear "For King and Country" live for the first time. They were soooo great. Of course the girls loved them as well. There are so many great things about the day that I could never pinpoint my favorite. I'm telling you again. If you have a teenage girl, niece, or grand-daughter. Get them there. And for all of you moms out there, we get to spend some sweet time together as well.
Well, I'm off to get myself organized for the week:) At least attempt somewhat of a plan to get organized. Have a blessed week.
Well, it's time for my obligatory "Back to School" photos! Woo-hoo…
I didn't take as many this year, because, you know…..4th graders get embarrassed by things.
Like posing for pictures in their classroom on the first day of school.
How dare we ask!! :0)
Caroline is loving school. She has such a sweet teacher and group of kids to spend the year with. David and I were talking last night about how fortunate we have been all these years to have had such a carefree school experience. I'm sure I just jinxed myself by saying that- but I'm grateful none the less! Believe me-I've heard plenty of stories about the impending girl drama that is about to unfold...
Here we are outside of school Monday morning. The funny thing is- we both walked off the bus literally an hour and a half before this photo. I told Caroline she was such a rockstar.
Caroline's teacher this year is named Mrs. Clement. She LOVES her and tells me everyday how nice she is SO thankful for Godly teachers that love our kids.
The older I get, the younger all the teachers look to me. This happens.
I love how Caroline is sporting her Meredith Andrews bracelet from Girl of Grace on the first day!
We are off to Charlotte tonight for Girls of Grace!
Is it possible for me to have a Freshman in High School?????? Surely not!!! I'm way too young for that. However I dropped my boys off this morning at school and yes, my oldest is walking into the High School. I was really doing okay today. I've cried almost every day this week, but this morning I woke up with excitement and confidence. Only when I pulled up did I almost start crying. I said to the boys, "OH, I think I'm going to start crying". They both responded with a loud "MOM!!! PLEASE WAIT TIL WE GET OUT OF THE CAR". Which made me laugh for the moment. Here they are... I think they've both grown 3 inches over the summer.
Yes, you see an arm brace on my oldest. It was quite devastating at first. We've grieved and are now moving toward focusing on the healing. For those who know us, you know how much Spence LOVES football. He has been working soooo hard to be ready to begin High School football. So, when he broke the growth plate in his throwing arm last week, it was tough to swallow. I KNOW, things could be much worse, but when you see your kid so disappointed and sad, it breaks your heart. He will be out more than likely 8 weeks, but we pray mostly that he just has a full recovery.
Price is going into 6th this year. I think it's going to be a great year for him. He's decided not to play football and focus on baseball this fall. He's really grown and changed a lot this summer which is allowing him to walk into the school doors with more confidence. I'm happy for him and can't wait to find out how his first day was.
Anyway, I'm excited to see what God is going to do in the life of my boys. New teachers, new friends, new experiences. We get to experience new every day if we just look around.
"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord" Ps 27:13-14
Let's wait and see what God does:)
Have a blessed day, Denise